Host With The Most / House Organizer, Supporter & Troubleshooter / House Operations Survival Talent
Job OverviewResponsible for greeting customers, checking identification (if applicable), controlling the flow of traffic, and maintaining guest areas by performing the following duties:
- Handles initial and final contact with all guests; greets guests in a positive, professional, and welcoming manner and thanks them as they leave.
- Provides information and conversation while guests are waiting and being seated.
- Accommodates guests with special requests.
- Maintains positive guest satisfaction by answering questions thoroughly, handling complaints or directing them to a manager, and providing specific item suggestions and information about the establishment.
- Provides specific item suggestions and information about the establishment.
- Quotes accurate wait times, distributes paging devices (if applicable), and maintains time efficient list.
- Directs guests to proper holding/waiting area.
- Coordinates orderly movement of guests within the food service area with utilization of a table management system.
- Knows table numbers, seating floor plans, and server/busser assignments.
- Communicates effectively with all guests, co-workers and management.
- Maintains organization of host stand and keeps supplies stocked.
- Answers telephone calls and related questions.
- Maintains cleanliness around front facade of the building and guest restrooms; keeps venue clean and free of litter at all times.
- Monitors and stocks restroom supplies.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings, and communicates properly to guests; establishes rapport with all guests through name recognition.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by management or supervisors and moves with a sense of urgency.
- Adheres to responsible alcohol service established by company policy.
- Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents to management.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.