Executive Sous Chef
Supervises line and production cooks and stewards throughout their respective areas and ensures positive performance that adheres to budget and meets standards by performing the following duties:
- Ability to perform all responsibilities of each position in the kitchen.
- Conducts proper ordering procedures to maintain appropriate par levels of all kitchen related products.
- Ensures a high standard of service efficiency, sanitation, and training and safety practices.
- Performs a daily walk-through of inventory to determine daily production.
- Conducts meetings with staff at regular intervals.
- Assists Kitchen Manager with labor control and assigning duties to supervisors and Staff Members and
- timely delivery of Staff Member evaluations.
- Accountable for the development, coaching, discipline, and mentoring of Staff Members.
- Ensures accurate completion of culinary Staff Member schedules in accordance with forecasted business volume.
- Anticipates and recommends employment needs.
- Assists Kitchen Manager with coordinating catering/banquet functions with the appropriate Department
- Ensures proper plate presentation and adherence to product specifications and recipe guidelines.
- Responsible for quality and consistency of products and waste prevention.
- Assists in training new Staff Members within their department.
- Notifies appropriate Department Head of low inventory and recommends new inventory.
- Ensures the highest quality product reaches our guest and meets specifications.
- Ensures that all productivity and quality standards are maintained.
- Ability to calculate COGS and troubleshoot discrepancies in cost reporting.
- Ability to forecast Labor Cost based on historical data and trends.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings and communicates
- properly to guests; establishes rapport with all guests through name recognition.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by Department Heads and moves with a sense of urgency.
- Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
Skills and Experience
- Three to five years’ experience working in a supervisory capacity required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with other departments and outside contacts.
- Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal
- Good judgment and decision making abilities.
- Experience in a high volume environment required.
- Ability to supervise multiple levels of culinary workers.
- The characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.